Monday, August 30, 2010

Exercise Recap

1. Review the exercises and practice sessions you have completed in this course. (Loving Kindness, Subtle mind, Visualization, meditation etc.) Choose two practices that you have determined to be most beneficial. How can you implement these practices in your personal life to foster �mental fitness�? Provide specific examples.

It is my opinion that all of the exercises where helpful and very relaxing. The ones I found most beneficial for me where the visualization and loving kindness exercise. I am a very visual person, and I learn a lot by seeing. For me visualizing relaxing images and positive things helped the effects of the exercise. The loving kindness exercise was great for me because it helps you to appreciate the ones you love even if you have had issues with them in the past. In my personal life it is already difficult to find time to meditate and do the exercises however. in between school work, my breaks at work and the time I have alone when I come home I can make time to practice and relax. I could also practice these exercises when I notice myself becoming overwhelmed by my daily schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment