Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Love and Kindness exercise

The best time for me to do the exercise is when I come home from work. I usually have about an hour at home to myself. I thought the exercise was great. To me it allowed you to reflect on the positive things you have going on in your life like the love for your family, kids or spouse. It also helped me to relax after a hard days work. I never really took the time before to meditate because I never really new what to meditate on but this exercise helped with that. I would defiantly recomend this exercise to anyone especially if they are stressed all the time. For many people it would be hard to get the free time and silence for that matter. This is a great way to find peace on your own, without any help just you. The concept of mental workout is consistently practicing changing your thoughts. Changing the negative into the positive. It is proven that people who are strong in mind have less stress, are healthier and happier with their lives. The only way I can imagine strengthening my mind is by positive reinforcement with meditative thoughts and implementing those thought through everyday situations.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Maurice: I never thought about doing a meditation session after work, but it makes a lot of sense. I am on the phone all day and I often get home and don't want to talk to anyone. The fatigue will often lead me to yell at my children, which I hate doing. Right now they are in camp, but when school starts, I will have about an hour before they get home and maybe that will be the perfect time for me to meditate.

    I have experienced times when the mental chatter would not stop, however, I like guided meditation because it focuses you on your breathing or on a feeling or a sound. I agree that by intentionally doing things that will strengthen my mind, I will be able to deal with life on life's terms.

    I have had a lot of success with visualization and affirmation techniques as well. I have found them to be great techniques that help to strengthen the mind and remain focused.

    Good luck with the meditation.
    Shertina

    ReplyDelete