Tuesday, August 17, 2010

more exercises

The Integral Assessment is personal program that we develop to assess where our strengths and weaknesses are and will give a better picture where we would like to make improvements to promote human flourishing. This is done using the Lines of Development using the four aspects of human experience; Psychospiritual, Biological, Interpersonal, and Worldly Flourishing.

The loving kindness exercise was of course relaxing and mind soothing. I enjoyed taking the time to sit and think about my loved ones and the people who make me happy. It even made me think of loved ones that I have had animosity with. For me the loving kindness exercise gives you a chance not to reflect on the bad but the good you have in life and with the people you care about most. It is times such as this that will help you appreciate life and family more.
The integral Assessment exercise was good. It is always positive to asses where you are strong and weak in your life especially if you are trying to become a fully complete person. Throughout this exercise I realized that I need to make more time for my spiritual being. I started out good with meditation,prayer, and scripture but as time goes on I find myself getting more and more away from it and I can feel the difference. My problem also is that I always feel as though I have to fix everything. If I cant take care of the situation it disturbs me terribly. So now my psychological branch is off because I start stressing over things instead of thinking them through. This is why I think these meditation exercises are so important because they teach you to learn how to relax and think things through. The only way I see to get back to where I need to spiritually is by just doing it. Make the time to pray more, read more, just like I make time for everything else.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maurice

    I agree that it is always positive to take a look at where you are in your walk. I try to perform regular inventories and correct behavior that is not positive. I have found that awareness is key to progress.

    I wish you much success

    Shertina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean Maurice. I felt the same way about the exercising but then gradually I am learning more and more about the techiques and the breathing steps.. Like everyone was saying baby steps are the best to start with and I am on that first step ready to move on to the next step with my life especially my relationship. Not everyone has the best perfect relationship but I am trying to make it the best one I ever had but then again I feel like I am the blame for the start of an argument and I just leave and do my breathing techniques and come back in the living room like nothing happen. I need to stop this and collaborate more with the family so I don't feel so stressed or depressed to make myself feel out of place that gets me mad.... I know the loving kindness is one great tool I love to use I think of my grandparents, David, and children at separate times...I feel how you feel to I need to fix everything around the house or out there but I can't do it by myself or all at once like I think I would... lol!! Crazy huh!!
    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete